Come back in Spring for the 2019 Summer Pre-Med Bootcamp!
Join Health Professions Advising for an intensive, 4-week Summer Pre-Med Bootcamp consisting of daily pre-med-related workshops and weekly field trips to medical schools in the Sacramento and Bay Area!
Each day will feature presentations, workshops, or hands-on activities on relevant topics including:
- Application tips & interview practice
- Gaining letters of recommendation
- Personal statements
- Hands-on suturing & CPR workshops
- Post-bac programs
- Health disparities
- Field trips to local medical schools*
The program will take place from Monday, July 9 to Friday, August 3 from 12:10 pm to 1:30 pm, with field trips to local medical schools on Fridays, July 13, July 20, and July 27.
*Attendance to the Friday field trips will be based on participation of all workshops during the week.
Note: HPA workshops are free and open to current UC Davis students & alumni.
Registration is required for the following workshops:
- US Army Suturing Workshop
- Mock MCAT Exam: July 17
- Mock MCAT Exam: July 21
- Mock Multiple Mini Interview (MMI)
- Awards Luncheon
2018 Summer Pre-Med Bootcamp Cohort
Cohort participants will be given priority for field trip experiences.
Applications for the cohort are now closed; however, students are welcome to apply to be on the waitlist. For the waitlist application, click here.
As a waitlist applicant, the requirements are the following:
- Attendance to the entire week’s workshops are mandatory to workshops
- Eager to learn and engage in the workshops and field trips
- Professional attitude and punctuality for deadlines/workshops
If these conditions are met, then the you will be placed on the waitlist for the field trip experiences.
Why join the 2018 Cohort?
- Surround yourself with like-minded students who are interested in pursuing medicine
- Deepen your learning experience through the field trips
- Priority for field trip experiences
- Eligibility for raffle of Princeton Review MCAT prep books
- Successful completion will give a Certificate of Achievement
- Attendance to ALL Bootcamp workshops and field trips are MANDATORY.
- We expect a 5-10 hour commitment per week.
- Professional attitude and punctuality for deadlines/workshops.
- Eager to learn and engage in the workshops and field trips.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.