Thank you to our attendees and speakers for our 2020 Summer Virtual Pre-Med Bootcamp! For our 2021 Bootcamp please fill out this interest form and visit us again in Spring 2021. See below for details from our 2020 Bootcamp.
Join Health Professions Advising for an intensive, 3 week Summer Pre-Med Bootcamp consisting of daily pre-med-related workshops and Friday virtual tours! Interested in attending? Fill out this interest form so we can gauge our audience and stay connected!
The 2020 program will take place from Thursday, July 9 to Friday, July 24th. Workshops will be hosted via Zoom from 12:10 pm to 1:30 pm. and links are added below. Attendance for every session is not mandatory, join when you can! Each day will feature presentations, workshops, or guest speaker on relevant topics including:
- Becoming a competitive applicant
- Gaining experiences
- Gaining letters of recommendation
- Post-bac programs
- Virtual field trips to medical schools*
For full workshop descriptions visit our Facebook page.
This year we have important updates:
- Registration will be required for each event through zoom. Links will be available on this page soon.
- We will be raffling The Princeton Review MCAT Test Prep Scholarships. Scholarships will be valid for a year from the issue date. We will be raffling discounts throughout Bootcamp. To enter you must register for the event via Zoom with your UC Davis email and attend the full session.
- Students who attend 10 or more sessions, will be eligible to receive a certificate of completion.
Note: HPA workshops are free and open to all UC Davis admitted students, current students, & alumni.
*We will be announcing the name and location of the Medical School during the zoom meeting.
- Registration Links
- Day 1: Pre-Med 101
Day 2: Med School Virtual Visit
Day 3: What is Osteopathic Medicine
Day 4: Guess the Medical Profession Panel
Day 5: Gaining Meaningful Experiences
Day 6: Overview of the MCAT (This session will now be hosted via Zoom!)
Day 7: Med School Virtual Visit
Day 8: MCAT Strategies
Day 9: Building Relationships with Faculty and Collecting LOR
Day 10: Academic Enhancement Opportunities
Day 11: Pre-Med Trivia
Day 12: Med School Virtual Visit