Whether you are looking for some paid hands-on clinical experiences, something to do for a couple years after graduating, or another health career option, allied health fields offer hundreds of careers where you can work one-on-one with patients.
- Allied Health Professions Information
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- For those looking for hands-on clinical experience, becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant can be a great option. Here is a list of CNA programs in California.
- Medical Assistant
- Becoming a certified Medical Assistant is one way to gain hands-on clinical experiences. This could also be a great career option. Here is a list of MA programs in California.
- If you are interested in exploring the possibility of optometry, or you are looking for a career alternative, check out a list of optician programs in California.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
Two hour, computer- based exam
90 Multiple Choice Questions with 4 choices each
10 minutes at the end of the exam to fill out a post-exam survey
13.75% ~ Pharmacology for Technicians
12.50% ~ Pharmacy Law and Regulations
8.75% ~ Sterile and Non-sterile Compounding
12.50% ~ Medication Safety
7.50% ~ Pharmacy Quality Assurance
17.50% ~ Medication Order Entry and Fill Process
8.75% ~ Pharmacy Inventory Management
8.75% ~ Pharmacy Billing and Reimbursement
10.00% ~ Pharmacy Information Systems Usage and Application
Students can take the PTCE without going through a program (can self-study)
To sign up for the PTCE, register here.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More questions? Check out our FAQ page or schedule an appointment with an advisor!