Health Professions Advising offers several ongoing pre-health programs geared towards specific health professions and groups (e.g., first-years, transfers, medicine, veterinary medicine). Whether you are getting ready to apply to health profession programs this spring or just starting out as a pre-health student, there's an HPA program for you!
For more information about each of our programs, check out each program's website, Facebook page, and/or ask your advisor which may be appropriate for you.
HPA Pre-Health Programs
- Med Prep Program
- Planning to take the MCAT or apply to medical school this upcoming summer? If so, then this is the program for you! HPA has partnered up with Princeton Review to provide both MCAT prep and app prep one Saturday per month in this free year-long program. For more information about our Med Prep Program, click here.
- Mock Exam Days
Need a quiet place to take your practice exam? Health Professions Advising is hosting a series of Mock Exam days designed to give you a space to take your practice exams. Students are welcome to take ANY practice exam (e.g., DAT, GRE, MCAT, OAT, etc.); however, practice exams will not be provided at this point in time. For more information about our Mock Exam Days, click here.
- Pre-Health Ambassador Network (PHAN)
- If you are a first-year student or someone who has just decided to pursue a health profession, then PHAN is for you! PHAN is a network of pre-health students trained by HPA to provide you with general pre-health information through networking events and workshops covering topics, such as creating timelines, prerequisites, finding pre-health experiences, building relationships with professors, and more. For more information about PHAN, click here.
- Pre-Health Transfer Prep
- Being a pre-health transfer student can be challenging, which is why we have created a Pre-Health Transfer Prep Program just for you! It is a program made specifically for pre-health transfer students in order to help transfers adjust to and succeed at UC Davis. For more information about this program, click here.
- Summer Pre-Med Bootcamp
- Pre-med and around for the summer? Then join us for an intensive, month-long program filled with MCAT prep from Princeton Review, pre-medical advising from HPA, and weekly field trips to medical schools in the Sacramento and Bay area! For more information about our Summer Pre-Med Bootcamp, click here.