Health Professions Advising offers several ongoing pre-health programs geared towards specific health professions and groups (e.g., first-years, transfers, medicine, veterinary medicine). Whether you are getting ready to apply to health profession programs this spring or just starting out as a pre-health student, there's an HPA program for you!
For more information about each of our programs, check out each program's website, Facebook page, and/or ask your advisor which may be appropriate for you.
HPA Pre-Health Programs
- Med Prep Program
- Planning to take the MCAT this upcoming summer? If so, then this is the program for you! HPA has partnered up with Princeton Review to provide both MCAT prep and app prep one Saturday per month in this free year-long program. For more information about our Med Prep Program, click here.
- Pre-Health Ambassador Network (PHAN)
- If you are a first-year student or someone who has just decided to pursue a health profession, then PHAN is for you! PHAN is a network of pre-health students trained by HPA to provide you with general pre-health information through networking events and workshops covering topics, such as creating timelines, prerequisites, finding pre-health experiences, building relationships with professors, and more. For more information about PHAN, click here.
- Conquering CARS
- Preparing for the MCAT? Join us in our CARS Prep sessions for help on the
Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills Section or as an MCAT study space. For more information on Conquering CARS, click here.
- Summer Pre-Med Bootcamp
- Pre-med and around for the summer? Then join us for an intensive, month-long program filled with MCAT prep from Princeton Review, pre-medical advising from HPA, and weekly field trips to medical schools in the Sacramento and Bay area! For more information about our Summer Pre-Med Bootcamp, click here.